Sunday, December 7, 2008

One of my favorite pieces here at the shop is ‘Drenched in Light’. Could you tell me a little about this painting?
This scene is a classic example of the imagery I experienced during several trips I made through Eastern Washington. A simple view from my driver's side window. Warm yellow fields with the afternoon light splashing across it. I love finding breaks in the landscape where one group of trees would end and reveal another open field in the distance. Or how there would be a little cluster of brush in the middle of a field almost abandoned in a way... or maybe this small cluster of trees just stands there as if they own the land they stand on.

And our completely RANDOM question to end it all: In honor of our upcoming poetry readings what is your favorite poem of all time?

Not sure that I can list just one poem of all time, but Shel Silverstein played a huge role in my childhood and this one really sits nicely with me... now that I am older and really relate to it on an adult like level. I can't wait to read his books to my future kids one day...

LISTEN TO THE MUSTN'TS by Shel Silverstein:

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child, Listen to the DON'TS Listen to the SHOULDN'TS The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS Listen of the NEVER HAVES Then listen close to me-- Anything can happen, child, ANYTHING can be.

No comments: